The Life of Bon: Men with eyeliner: Yes Please!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Men with eyeliner: Yes Please!

Last night was the closing night of Hubs' most recent show, Cato.

I went to see it once.  Or twice.  Or something like that because I'm a good wifey, dang it!  Now, I consider myself pretty smart when it comes to reading and understanding literature, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't lost for most of the play.  I have poor listening skills, and that's the straight up truth.  If I could have read the script, I would have understood it perfectly, no freaking doubt.

Turns out it didn't much matter if I understood what was going on, because I just stared at Hubs and the glowing red hair of his all night anyway.  I don't want to be the one to say it, but I am doubting any of you will, so I'll go ahead.  

Hubs looks hot with eyeliner.  There.  That's out there.






Yes, the man keeled over in a blue toga is holding on to his intestines.  We ain't messing around with our classical theater around here.


During the last scene of the show, which was performed outdoors, we heard a shot.  Much to our surprise in the audience, a man burst through the set, followed by two policemen.  The guy bolted back stage with the hefty looking coppers at his heels.

It was weird.
It was confusing.
And it was definitely not part of the show.

Throughout all of the insanity, the actors tried to maintain their cool, going on with their lines like this kind of craziness happened on the daily.  Hubs missed his cue, and there were a few moments of awkward silence where everybody tried to compose themselves, but after that it was all business like usual.  Huzzah!

After the show, Hubs was upset and so naturally he unleashed a long ranting vent of complaint to me. (How's that for adjectives?!?)  It wasn't the first time the man had tried to "sabotage" a show- a year and a half ago this same theater student had gone on stage during one of Hubs' comedy shows and thrown a huge block into the audience.  He had about dang near killed us all with that crazy stunt.

Hubs was mad that this guy was allowed to be a theater major.  Mad that this guy was allowed on campus.  Mad that this guy was so inconsiderate to purposely try to ruin a show like that.

And then some words of wisdom were spoken from Sammy, a mentally disabled and sweeter-than-sugar cast member.

"Greg," he said slowly, "You can't be upset.  Don't be mad at him.  You have to forgive him."

And then, he added one more thing.
"You just need to pray for him!"

Amen, to that brother.

Makes me think how much better off I would be if every time I got upset with someone I said a prayer for them instead of complained about them.

There'd be a lot of praying at my high school, I can tell you that much.

23 comments:

  1. wow. This is a crazy story! I would be freaking out! Good ending though. Words from the wise. Pray for them. I am sure most people could use a lesson in this, including me :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 PM

    How awkward for everyone in the play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how awful for those who worked so hard on the play
    Come Say HI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when someone speaks the truth so unexpectedly! It reminds you there is always someone there with good in their heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a weird thing for men in eyeliner on stages. Years of Shakespeare club (aka, the cool kids club). And that wasn't really the point of your post, but you're welcome anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all know that Johnny Depp looks smokin' hot in some eyeliner. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all know that Johnny Depp looks smokin' hot in some eyeliner. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. He def looks hot with the eye liner. I've tried to get my husband on board with that look. he says no. something about me emasculating him...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy! Glad that everyone is ok though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wondering for a while, since I started reading, is your hubby going to college and is a theater major? or is he into it in his spare time as a hobby? Does he work and go to school? Does he get paid to be in plays if he isn't doing it for school?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! Thank you so much for stopping by mine. I have returned the follow!!

    I totally agree. Praying does help!

    xo,
    Karen
    www.themaxells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay. That story is all sorts of cray cray! Praying is a good thing though. And that is a good reminder.

    Thanks for the post Bon.

    ♥ Deidre
    Love, The Skinnys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha I actually think some men look really hot with eyeliner :D I'm new around here! Love your blog :) xo Kristi @ www.mysanfranciscokitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Yes, the man keeled over in a blue toga is holding on to his intestines." hahaha! That is the best line!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perspective...

    Check out my Mommy blog at:
    www.dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com
    Visit anytime!
    {All follows are returned}
    Come play on Sundays @
    Super Sunday Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a crazy/sweet story. If only I could teach something like that to my students!! (that is, back when I had students. I'm working on using past tense) For the record, my husband was wearing eye liner the first time he asked me out. I should blog about that. . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a crazy/sweet story. If only I could teach something like that to my students!! (that is, back when I had students. I'm working on using past tense) For the record, my husband was wearing eye liner the first time he asked me out. I should blog about that. . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a story! Great photos of your husband in the play. I wasn't expecting the ending to your post. God does speak to us in ways we would never expect. The world does need a whole lot more prayer, that's for sure. So glad all ended up ok (except for the poor guy with his intestines hanging out, lol!) ;-) Thanks for your kind comments on my blog and for the follow. Glad to follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a crazy thing to happen! I love the ending of your story though, so true!

    Thanks for stopping by Taking the Plunge, I am now following you too!

    BTW: I love Keeping Up With The Kardashians too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So crazy! And holy intestines! Haha! So glad they didn't let them ruin their performance, though. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by Me + the Moon! Happily following you back now! Hope you'll stop by for my hop friday :D

    ♥Nicole @ http://meandthem00n.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Random question. Have you ever been to lifeofbon.com ? It is a very different blog than yours. I've made this mistake more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Following you back! Us Diet Coke drinkers need to stick together! Off to have one right now! Just wish it was a fountain drink instead of a can!

    ReplyDelete